Brook and Marsh Licensed Surveyors as a small company was established in 1963 and a brief history follows:
Eric Brook (1921-2008)
Eric Brook first started the company in 1963 in Claremont Western Australia. He did not start out to be a surveyor but started studying accountancy for a short time after which he decided to be a survey assistant and worked on various projects in the north and south west of Western Australia. During the war years Eric enlisted in the 4th field Survey Company of the Royal Australian Survey Corps in 1941. He achieved a position of Engineering Surveyor in 1946 and in 1947 was articled to Surveyor Max Hall who worked for the Department of the Interior. Eric gained his licence in 1952. Due to failing eyesight Eric semi-retired in 1972 and spent most of 1973 in the United Kingdom. Alan Marsh managed the company during this period.
Alan Marsh managed the company from 1972 and in 1976 took over the ownership. Alan retained Eric Brooks name and added his own to form Brook and Marsh Licensed Surveyors. For many years the company was run from a small office at 68 Wheatley Street Gosnells which was also a squash court complex owned by Alan’s parents and was the heart of a long sporting career. In 1984 a move was undertaken to 25 Wheatley Street Gosnells, a larger office to allow expansion and growth. During many years of professional surveying many Surveying Cadets were trained and achieved their License to practice. Bill France was employed as a Cadet in 1984.
Bill France and Lee France
Bill and Lee purchased Brook and Marsh Licensed Surveyors in 2003 and have continued strong operations since. In 2008 the business was moved to its current office location of 59 Wheatley Street, Gosnells. The business continues to grow as it provides its services across the broad state of Western Australia.